Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Run For A Reason...

The "year of running" started out as a fun challenge for me and Matt. When we first started committing to race after race we didn't really put a whole lot of thought into where our registration money was going, but more often than not a portion does go to charity. Over the past year we have had the pleasure to meet so many runners (and volunteers) who have turned their love of running into something more.

I can do more. I can run for a reason.

Three reasons, to be more precise.



Matt and I have are so blessed to have three healthy children. It is because they are healthy that we have the luxury to run in the first place. Not all parents are so lucky. Some parents are walking through my worst nightmare and they need all the help they can get. That's where St Jude Children's Research Hospital comes in.

In November Matt and I will be running the Walt Disney World Wine and Dine Half Marathon and I recently joined the St Jude fundraising team.

I talked it over with the kids, Hugh is a surprisingly good listener, and we all agreed that helping sick kids is something we can make a priority! We set a lofty goal, raise 1,500 dollars in 45 days! Here's the thing, fundraising is hard. I do not like asking people for money. But if there was ever a reason to step out of my comfort zone this is it! 

So, if you've made it this far take a minute to think about how truly grateful you are for the healthy kids in your life and once your heart is all big and bursty...please consider clicking HERE to donate to St Jude and support my fundraising efforts!!

No comments:

Post a Comment