Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A birthday top 10





"I think I'll take a moment, celebrate my age. 
The ending of an era 
and the turning of a page" 







This list, a top 10 of the things I love about myself and my life, is my birthday present to myself.

1. My sense of humor and the confidence to express it. I love making people laugh, especially my dad and my daughter.
2. My Education. I worked really hard to graduate in 4 years despite having transfered. When I was working a job that was literally making me ill, I left and went back to school to earn my masters.
3. Teaching. Aside from being a mom, this is what I was meant to do. I came to life in my classroom.
4. My Home. We have worked so hard, so hard, to make this house our home. There have been long nights and sore muscles but in the end we have so much to show for it.
5. That I go to the dentist. I know this one might seem silly, but I go even though I really don't want to. The last few times I haven't had a panic attack, which just goes to show my determination.
6. The relationship I have with my siblings. I am 7 years older than Josh and 10 years older than Kate, it would have been too easy to let that gap divide us. I will never let that happen.
7. My post-baby body. Admittedly, I didn't do anything above and beyond breastfeeding to lose the baby weight, but as of today I look healthier than I have since high school.
8. My vacation planning skills. Over the years we have been on some amazing vacations and I am 100% confident we always got the best deal.
9. My friendships. We all have to work to stay close but I have friends I love like family and I know in my heart they feel the same way about me.
10. My baby and my husband. The list wouldn't be complete without them. Dingle is my soul mate and Coo Coo is our whole world.
.

Everyone has things about themselves they are trying to change; I'll work on those in my next 30 years.
I think I’ll take a moment, celebrate my age
The ending of an era and the turning of a page
Now it’s time to focus in on where I go from here
Lord have mercy on my next thirty years

Hey my next thirty years I’m gonna have some fun
Try to forget about all the crazy things I’ve done
Maybe now I’ve conquered all my adolescent fears
And I’ll do it better in my next thirty years

My next thirty years I’m gonna settle all the scores
Cry a little less, laugh a little more
Find a world of happiness without the hate and fear
Figure out just what I’m doing here
In my next thirty years

Oh my next thirty years, I’m gonna watch my weight
Eat a few more salads and not stay up so late
Drink a little lemonade and not so many beers
Maybe I’ll remember my next thirty years

My next thirty years will be the best years of my life
Raise a little family and hang out with my wife
Spend precious moments with the ones that I hold dear
Make up for lost time here, in my next thirty years
In my next thirty years

1 comment: