Thursday, September 22, 2011

Some fun things we did this summer! (part 1)

The problem with getting behind on the blog is that it is damn near impossible to get caught up. It is sad really, because I do love to write, but I am not a fan of the whole "labor of love" feeling the blog is giving off. I mean sure I have been slacking, but is that really a reason for the blog to hassle me?!? Get off my back blog, we've been busy.

So the only way to catch up is to write something. One of my goals on my 1001 things list is to write a blog post each time I complete an item. Item # 3 - Spend a day at the beach!

Once again we took advantage of Matt's flexible work schedule and hit the beach on a beautiful Thursday afternoon. For those of you who remember our trip to Florida in March you may also remember how much Lily HATED the entire beach experience. Then in May we took the dog for a frolic and Lily showed at least some tolerance for touching sand.

To be honest the beach is a lot of work. Gone are the days of bringing only a towel and a book to soak in the sun. Lily needs her swimsuit, and a swim diaper, and sunscreen, and a hat, and water, and snacks, and toys, and a blanket, and a towel, and a change of clothes, and powder*, and a regular diaper, and wipes! Whew, that is a lot of ands...I am tired just thinking about it. Those of you who have ever been anywhere with me know, I do NOT bring more than we need...anywhere, ever.  *baby powder is hands down the best way to get sand off a sandy baby, or a sandy daddy for that matter!

All that being said, she is so totally worth it!! The cuteness was almost more than I could stand. She loved the beach. I will let the pictures do the talking. (Taken with the iphone so some just do not do the day justice)







No comments:

Post a Comment