Monday, March 17, 2014

Baby #3 - 21 Weeks!

Baby stats: This week the baby weighs about 3/4 of a lb and is approximately 10.5 inches long from head to toe. The fact that the baby is still less than a pound is sort of confounding considering how much weight I have gained! She now has eyelids and eyebrows :)

Bump picture: What do you know...late night tired momma...again.




I really can't complain about the bump. I love 'looking pregnant'. I am carrying high and despite the fact that I am definitely putting on weight in places other than my belly I feel good when I look in the mirror. If this is my last pregnancy I would like to embrace the fact that I will probably be bigger in the end with this baby than I was with my other two. The weight will eventually come off and for the first time in my life I sort of get what all the fuss is about when it comes to food. Over the next few months I fully intend to eat whatever I want!

How you doin'?: I will start with the best news of the week. I got my quad screen results back everything looks great. All of our risk factors are very low and I do not have elevated AFP!

Now on to other much less important news. I am ridiculously tired...and super frustrated about being so tired. This past week there was not a single day that I didn't want to take a nap. I get it, during the first trimester when morning sickness is kicking your butt, you're tired. I get it, during the third trimester when your body is no longer your own and sleeping through the night is virtually impossible, you're tired. BUT this is the glorious second trimester and I am not supposed to be this tired. I am not sleeping great at night, as I mentioned I hate our mattress, but I am sleeping okay. In fact the past few nights I have slept through the night without getting up. For some reason though as soon as 2:30pm rolls around I crash...just in time for the kids to get up from nap. I am not a good napper. I sleep too heavily, for too long, and wake up feeling hungover. I don't have a solution and I promise I will stop whining about it. Being tired just makes everything harder and I am already freaking out a little this if this baby isn't a good sleeper I will have to be institutionalized. For. Real.

Aside from the insanely tired feeling, I feel great. No aches and pains. I had a little heartburn this past week but that is to be expected when you put spicy mustard on your breakfast cereal. (No I haven't actually done that, yet)

Aversions/Cravings: Same. I am currently contemplating making some extra spicy guac...if only we weren't out of chips.

Sleeping: See above. Sleeping pretty good at night. Not getting up to pee. Waking up wishing I could stay in bed for two more hours anyway.

Movement: This past week was officially the start of consistent movement. For the most part if I want to feel the baby move all I have to do lay down and wait. Like with Ben I also feel a lot of movement when I ride in the car.

Milestones: I had my first stranger comment today at the mall. A woman in the food court (yes my kids and I ate junk food for lunch today...see above about weight gain!) told me the kids are beautiful and I thanked her. She then said, "And I see more congratulations are in order!" I must have smiled extra big because she laughed and said, "I'm glad to see you are still smiling." Should I be worried?!?

I am looking forward to: I have a dentist appointment tomorrow morning...I will be happy when it is over, haha. Babywise I am really looking forward to all of the kicks and jabs. Feeling the baby dancing around in my belly is something I really want to lock away in my memory forever.

Worries: That I will never feel rested again. I have also started to really think about how a baby will change the dynamic of our family. There is a longer post here (I know...add it to the queue lady). Let's be honest, kids change from week to week (ahem minute to minute) and Ben and Lily will not be the same kids they are now by July. There are some fundamental things about their personalities that won't change. I am a little worried that Ben is going to be super jealous of the baby whereas Lily will only give me the time of day when she needs something. Only time will tell and like I said, I have more to say on the topic.

Also if this baby is a boy it could be awhile before we chose a name. Lily likes Bob.

Let's compare: 

This baby has given new meaning to the word 'craving'.

I have far fewer day to day symptoms this time around than with either of my previous pregnancies.

Both Ben and this baby love to kick and wiggle when I am in the car.

I am carrying high, per usual.

Quad screen is clear, just like Ben's. Praise God.

Best moment of the week: Getting my results was a huge weight off. Non-baby related I had company both Saturday and Sunday.  While it is fun to show my friends the house, it just filled up my heart to spend a few hours with two of my closest friends and their kids. Lucky for me both of these amazing ladies have ties to Maine so visits to their own families, as well as mine, will be part of their lives for a long time. It is going to be hard to make new friends when the ones I have already have are so perfect...if only I could convince them to move!

I really do have several nearly completed posts in the queue, none of which are bump related, I promise!

3 comments:

  1. yay yay yay for a negative quad screen! Whew.

    And no mention of a gender reveal. WHEN?!?!?!?!

    You look fantastic and I can totally relate to feeling tired, and annoyed about it. My 24 week post basically says the same thing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so worried about how my 2 year old was going to handle getting the boot as baby of the family - we had very low expectations for her, haha! But she actually did great! Better than great :) Granted, she generally just ignores him most of the time, but she never got jealous or acted out because of the new baby. And my oldest totally rocked my world by becoming this little mommy to her baby brother. Their relationship is soooo amazing and wonderful - it's something I never would have expected. So try not to stress about it - you just never know things will change. But no, you will never feel rested again. Just teasing. Sort of ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jake asked once when they were bringing Sophie back to the hospital and apparently was satisfied with "never". Middle children end up fine - Ben will get over it. :-)

    So is the gender reveal smack dab in the middle of birthday month???

    ReplyDelete