Saturday, February 26, 2011

So thankful...

So here I am on a Saturday indulging in a hot chocolate and some trashy MTV reality shows.  I should have known that I couldn't watch Teen Mom 2.  Inevitably I end up feeling really sad for these poor girls.  It is so easy to get pregnant! I don't know many women who as teenage girls didn't have a least one "scare" when they were in high school...even the careful girls. This particular episode was heartbreaking, one of the babies has some serious developmental problems having to do with complication from being a twin (ie. by no "fault" of the teen mom). This poor girl, I can't imagine her pain.  At one point the baby has to have an MRI and she says to the baby, "Mommy would do this for you if I could."  I of course started balling, to be 17 with that much on her plate.  My heart really goes out to her and her family.

I am so lucky that I had a baby on my terms and that she is healthy.  So much for a light afternoon of vegging out in front of the TV. I can't wait for Lily to get up from her nap so that I can just drink her in...

*EDIT*
Matt and I have decided to once again to become "partners in hope" at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
http://www.partnersinhope.org/ because we can swing the $19 a month and we sure do have a lot to be grateful for. (81 cents of every dollar goes to research and treatment) Consider making a donation!

No comments:

Post a Comment