Thursday, May 19, 2011

Blah...or is it Blech?

I really do feel bad that I have not been updating the blog. I have been feeling so crappy. In addition to feeling crappy I am having a hard time not dwelling on how crappy I feel. For those of you doing the math the equation looks something like this: feeling crappy + dwelling on feeling crappy = :(

I am trying my hardest to feel better but it just seems to be one thing after another. First it was the round-the-clock morning sickness. It is impossible to be a normal, functional, human being when you feel like you might actually throw up ALL DAY. When I first started feeling like that, Dingle was very sympathetic. That sympathy was (somewhat) understandably short lived. I know he works hard, and that doing my job as well as his own is too much. The problem being, if it were up to me, no one in this house would be eating anything, ever. Or cleaning up anything, or changing out or their pajamas. Ok, so I am exaggerating a little bit. I have been trying really hard to use any energy I do have on Lily, which doesn't leave a whole lot left for myself.

Then came the allergies. Ugh, the allergies. Every tree in our neighborhood hates me, and Matt, and Lily. I feel so bad that Lily has allergies too. Poor little girl. Now that we are all itchy, watery eyed, snot factories no one is getting a good night sleep. Last week while Matt was in California Lily and I stayed at my mom and dad's, which meant sharing a room. I think I averaged 5 hours of sleep each night, and none of those hours were consecutive.

Don't even get me started on the pregnancy mood swings. That equation looks something like this:
hormones(feeling crappy + dwelling on feeling) + exhaustion = >:o

I guess what I am trying to say is that my batteries are empty, and now Matt's are too. We had a long talk yesterday and set up a few strategies for feeling better. Sorry to be a downer. Things will be better as soon as the devil trees on my street are finished fornicating.

On a happier note. We had a quick ultrasound yesterday, baby looks great! The latest estimate is that he/she is due December 19th. Just in time for Christmas. More details to come.

On a second happy note, Lily started standing all by herself. She is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment