Friday, January 24, 2014

Final Thoughts on a Whole Lot of Blogging

So technically I should have been done blogging yesterday but since I missed a day you get a bonus post, happy Friday night to you!

I am bummed that for a lot of different reasons, mainly my total lack of posting, my readership really declined over the last six months. I feel like I have let people down by not writing more and keeping the updates coming. I do write this blog mainly for myself but it has always been a way for my friends and family (and a few dozen internet folks) to keep up with our stories. A friend once told me that she loved reading the blog even though I saw her regularly because there was always something written here that I had left out while we were having lunch. Stories that had I not written down, would be long forgotten months and years from now.

For the most part blogging every day was pretty easy. Not having my camera meant that the bulk of my posts were just text but I do plan to go back and add photos, hopefully this weekend. There were only a few nights that coming up with a post was sort of a chore. As I so prophetically said three weeks ago, in order to blog this much something else would have to go. I thought it was going to be my afternoon nap down time but I found that blogging between 8-10 usually worked the best. There were a few nights that my editor couldn't proof read for me and I apologize for the typos...I've tried to go back and fix them as I see them! Blogging for me is definitely time consuming but right now I am lucky enough to have a few hours of free time in the evenings. I'm sure things will change again when we move into the new house but for now I think you can expect very regulars posts.

There are still several posts in draft form that I need to finish up, the Epic Moving Story as well as a 101 Things Recap (split into several posts) just to name a few. My mom really wants me to blog about the dinner we just had as a family so I will try an oblige her too. I have two children under four, a new house, and a new baby on the way...there is no shortage of material coming your way in 2014!

1 comment:

  1. Keep writing girl. I love it!! Good work on all of these posts. No joke.

    ReplyDelete